Advanced Coffee Roasting Course
This Advanced Roasting Course is tailored for those who have completed the Beginner Coffee Roasting Course. The focus is now on slow and fast ramping profiles, managing Rate of Rise curve to help you gain the practical direct experience using Cropster and similar products. Explore new and unique flavour profiles that can be achieved when 2 or more coffees are brought together. Begin to understand the intricacies involved in coffee roasting and blending in order to achieve balance and synergy in the cup.
Dates: Friday June 25th
Recommended For: We recommend this course for those people who have previous experience working on a coffee roaster and completed our Beginner Coffee Roasting Course.
- Roasting enthusiasts
- Career changers
- Coffee professionals
- Knowledge seekers
- Home roasters
- Professional development
- Increase and decrease of the drying phase and the effects on cup quality
- Increase and decrease of the Maillard Phase and the effects on the cup quality
- Slow and Fast Ramping of Temperature and the effects on Volume, Acidity, Body, Bitterness and Soluble Solids
- Decoding Rate of Rise
- Roasting for Espresso and Filter Concepts
- Strategies for blending – complementary & contrasting flavours in the cup, managing seasonality
- What is a blend and why do we blend?
- Green Blending and Post Roast Blending
- Blend considerations – microclimate, processing method, varietal, density, bean screen size, altitude
The sensory component of the course focuses on:
- Cupping numerous blends
- Cupping for roast variations
- Cupping for flavour
- Take-home course notes/workbook
- Unlimited coffee beverages from Big Bad Wolff Espresso Bar each day
- Fresh seasonal fruit each day
- Lunch each day
- Wolff College of Coffee Digital Badge/Certificate
Duration & Time: The course runs over 2 days with a light lunch provided. If there are only small numbers registered, this will reduce to 1 day, however a lot more one on one time with Peter Wolff.
Location: Wolff College of Coffee
140 Gerler Road, Hendra Qld 4011
Course Educator: Conducted by Master Roaster Peter Wolff at the Wolff College of Coffee and on our two Probatino Gas Roasters.
What to Wear: Comfortable clothes (sleeved shirt) & enclosed shoes
Cancellation & Refunds: We do offer a change of mind exchange or refund if notice is given within 72 hours of the course commencing. We are unable to exchange, transfer or refund course bookings if the notice falls outside of the 72 hour window. Please read the full list of Wolff College of Coffee Terms & Conditions here.
Common questions: Have a burning question which is not listed on here? Please check our list of common questions here. If you can’t find the answer to your question please get in touch with a member of our Education Team - call 07 3267 5551 or email [email protected]